Today started off really rough. First of all I was up before 5 a.m. because it was our turn to buy for the produce co-op. While it was early and a foggy, yucky morning the whole thing was kind of cool---getting the 50 lb. bag of potatoes, the case of grape tomatoes, the crate of green beans, etc. Luckily we only have to buy 5 times a year.
Kevin stayed home until I got back from the pick-up and sorting, which was about 7 a.m. I quickly ran up to take a shower and as I came around the corner I was startled by Madelyn who was standing there, groggy-eyed. I scared her too as I yelped. She has been making a habit of kicking the gate down. It's okay because it alerts us that she is up and moving but it usually makes a very loud noise. Well for whatever reason I didn't hear it so I was beyond-shocked to see her in the dim hallway.
So it was a rough start to the day. We decided to walk to the MOM's Club meeting. That would have been great if it were not drizzling. Lots of mud. Then we tracked it into the church. I was a bit grumpy when we arrived after the morning but that is what I love about these mom's club things. Being around the other moms who are in the trenches with me has a way of turning the frown upside down.
The rest of the day was so much better....early naps and a trip to Target and the "sticker store" (ie JoAnn's, the craft store.) Madelyn picked out some Disney Princess stamp set that was big excitement. Yes, it left her with purple hands (and shirt!) but a small price to pay for an afternoon of fun.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment