We had "special guests" last night into this morning. Uncle Eric and Uncle Tim stayed with us! They are taking a weekend getaway in VA with some friends and stopped to see us on their journey. It was a quick visit, less than 12 hours actually, but it was so much fun to see them. We are looking forward to a few weeks when we will all be together in Chicago for Thanksgiving.
I may have gotten busted at the school today. A mom was asking me if we were going to sign up for the spring semester. I was hemming and hawing a bit and she continued to press me on why. I thought she was fishing to see how I felt about the teacher so I tossed it out there there I was not super excited about the teacher......no response! Darn! That is not good. I really wish I had not said anything. I thought she was going down that road too....who knows maybe she was thinking it.
At school today they had their Halloween party. It was clear that all the kids were so done with Halloween. Some did not even wear their costumes. Others had costumes that were clearly well worn this week. Madelyn ditched the zebra costume and opted for Cinderella. Fine by me! It was cute anyway and the snacks we brought were a hit. I made the "sneaky chef" cupcakes with whole grains, blueberries and spinach mixed in. They were a hit. The other mom and I that were putting the snack together cut apples with the cookie cutters so each child had a "puzzle" which was also a big hit. All very good!
I'm so lucky. It is so nice to have someone watching Abby while I go to school with Madelyn. I have made it a tradition to treat that "super helper" to lunch. So today we took Nana to Chick-Fil-a (a Friday favorite.) We ran into some of our usual CFA buddies---a mixture of MOMS and MOPS friends and one friend from ballet class (the circles are all entwining.) Lunch was great and the playtime top notch but the big news is Madelyn went potty there! I have mentioned before how she is into checking out public restrooms but today she actually went. It was like a small party when she and Nana returned to the table with this news. She didn't forget the M&Ms and had her two candies when she got home.
Earlier today I had big ideas about working on my scrapbook. I still have the desire but lack the energy, despite my hour and a half nap this afternoon! I think the kids were awake but I was asleep, I am not sure. We will see what happens. I am excited for the return of the Saturday run tomorrow morning. Our next race (just a measly 5 miles) is next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment