It is so hard to see kids being mean to other kids. I cannot believe it is starting already but I saw it today. Madelyn was in tears because a brother-sister duo said she could not play in the playhouse with them. I mean, where do these small children learn that kind of behavior? It was a bit unsettling. I will not be there to protect my children from every playground dispute or bar room brawl (ha! just kidding about that one...I hope.) I know this is only the start but I really did not think I would have to smooth over feelings at this tender age. What made me even more mad was minutes later when they 'granted' her entrance....she was trying to exclude other children. She is such a follower---for better or worse. She was out of that house so fast. Of course she cried again but that did not faze me. I will not have that child. All day long I repeated the rule to her---be nice to the other children, treat them how you would want to be treated. She may not have gotten it today but she will one way or another.
We had a MNO (Mom's Night Out) tonight with the MOPS moms. Fondue! It was fun except at my table there was a rousing discussion on vaccines. I was the only one at the table who allowed their child to have the vaccines. Yikes. It was tense. I felt like such a horrible mother. But I know we are not the only parents who vaccinate but whew! I am a worrier and I do not need to hear things like that. Too late I suppose. Both the girls have had the bulk of the "recommended" vaccines. It's not that we are uneducated. We have heard the discussions and the potential risks. I guess we just figure our pediatrician (and most pediatricians) currently recommend them and there are SO many dangers out there. We just have to hope and pray we are doing the best every day.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am a big vaccine person -- you're not alone! I strongly believe the benefits outweigh the risks, not just for your child, but for the poplulation at large. Don't get me started :)
Post a Comment