So "they" say age three is worse than age two. By "they" I mean everyone I have talked to that has or has had a three-year-old. I can even be talking to someone about this and a random person I do not even know at the store, at the playground, in the restroom....will chime in and say, "oh yes, three is worse than two!"
I've been in denial. Oh no, that won't happen to me.
We are just two and a half weeks shy of having said three-year-old and I think I may beginning to understand what "they" mean.
It's just the break, as Kevin and I like to call it (ie nap time) and we have already had quite a day. I need a long break today. And it's not that my patience is low due to lack of sleep. I was actually asleep by 8 last night---before Madelyn and possible even before Abby drifted off. So I am as well rested as one could get. Though I am still not totally up to par with the whole sinus infection. But anyway.
Maybe I pushed them a bit too much this morning when I was undertaking that all-time crazy task of trying to get a Christmas card photo. What an ordeal. I just about called my friend Melanie for an emergency session. We might still have to do it. I had two most uncooperate models. I'll be sure to share the outakes.
But it seems that this whole three-year-old thing is complex. From what I understand they are realizing they have some control and independence but cannot always either fully express their desires or control their desires. Madelyn really does have ideas for how she wants things and if things do not go her way---MELTDOWN. I honestly do not know if God has given me enough patience to handle a year of this. Because the second I am trying to put out the one fire with Madelyn(figuratively--not literally!)...say, make sure she has the right tutu on, I turn around to find Abby has unrolled the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom (classic).
Okay they are probably tired and hungry. So I am making lunch--Madelyn has found the crayons and coloring book (perfect!) and Abby is mooching around (safely) doing what she does best---taking things out of their place (great!). It's quiet. Too quiet. I glance over the gate into the family room and there is Abby's back pressed against the gate--a arm's distance from me..... What is Madelyn doing? She is coloring her little sister's face with a crayon! Abby is just standing there, probably in shock. Oh my. I would have taken a photo but that might just encourage Madelyn that this is a funny thing to do. What a year it will be.... I clearly need to clone myself.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment