We had a super time in Chicago for Thanksgiving. Luckily Abby's ears were fine on the airplane (more than I could say for my own on the way home--I am still feeling the pain. Note: try to avoid flying when you have a sinus infection.)
Both girls were really great though on the airplane and just in general. We had a great time visiting with family, seeing Jeff and Deb's beautiful new house!, eating turkey, playing with the baby dolls at Glamma and Grandpa's house, playdates with friends and family......so much fun!
The highlight of the parade was the Abby Cadaby balloon. Even Abigail, who is not much of a TV watcher was interested.
Baby dolls as I have mentioned are a huge thing right now in this house. There can never be enough baby dolls! But here they are with their two favorites at Glamma and Grandpa's house---Madelyn's doll (aka "Cough"--that is what she named her!) has a nice tan doesn't she?
The gang's all here!
Ok really now the gang's all here....except for the Burke side of the family.
The day after Thanksgiving was our "visiting day." We went from one side of town to the other---and Chicago is a pretty big town! We spent to morning with the Berkleys. (Our Daddy and their Daddy went to high school together.) After naps we went to visit Steve (Daddy's cousin) and Vicki and the Burke boys. Fun, fun, fun. The Burke boys and the Nelson girls are all around the same age (4, almost 3, 15 months and 8 months) so that equals lots of crazy fun, fun, fun.
Madelyn and Andrew, expert chefs, made pizza for us with these adorable kits Vicki and Steve bought. The pizza was yummy. What a cool idea. Maybe we can talk the HomeMade Pizza Co. to open a location closer to us?
Our flight was at 5:15 so we decided to just stay downtown. It was chilly to walk around but so wonderful to be out in the hustle-bustle. We risked complete meltdown and went to the movies. As we hoped Abigail took her nap during the movie. Madelyn enjoyed her 2nd movie theatre movie experience. Enchanted was two thumbs up according to her. She claims the witch part was her favorite though she watched most of the scene with one eye and the other buried in my shoulder. She continually asks why Giselle is not featured in her "Princess" paraphernalia. {I actually enjoyed the movie myself and was happy to have a good "excuse" to see it. I mean it had everything I like in a movie: singing, talking animals, little kids....but Patrick Dempsey (who I do really Like!) just seemed too old for her. But hey, who am I to say. It was a very cute movie.}
So we are back and it was nice to have today to just relax and catch up on things. After a wonderful long holiday weekend we are ready to start the week!
2 comments:
Glad the trip ended well too! We had a great time with you guys -- I wish you still lived here!
Hi Jessica! It's Mary Kay in Minnesota. I'm still a big fan of your blog and think that you are a total super mom! Can you tell me what your secret is for airline travel now that both girls are mobile? Jane's been on lots of trips, but this X-mas will be the first where she can walk/crawl, etc. Plus, we didn't buy an extra seat (at $450 a ticket, who's gonna spend any extra $$??) Your wisdom appreciated!
Post a Comment