Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Abigail's compliment

So today when I picked Abby up from her MOPS room one of her teachers stops me to comment on how advanced she is compared to the other children. Oh well thank you very much. How nice to hear a nice compliment from someone who is not related to her (though really how "advanced" can she be? Is she doing physics experiments in there while the other slackers waste time on silly things like taking a nap? Come on now!)

But now that you say that. Yes, she has picked up several new words in the last week, probably because with the fluid draining everything no longer sounds like "Charlie Brown adult-speak." And, yes, she does not watch any TV. And, yes, she is especially curious about everything from what's in the bathroom cabinet to what I am making for dinner to why the water in the toilet bowl swirls down. I am not having visions of Ivy League school applications or anything like that...though are there any Ivy League preschools we should consider?

Oh wait!---as I am having this nice conversation---out of the corner of my eye I see a wave of pink (Madelyn in her coat) topple over a wave of purple (Abigail in her coat.) Abby has just been tackled in the hallway by her big sister. Poor girl cannot even have a moment in the sunshine. It must have looked pretty bad because I heard a few winces from the other mothers passing by.

Way to go girls, make me look good in front of my friends. Oh sure, I have this all under control. Perfect 10 on that flip, Madelyn. Good recovery, Abby! Oh sure, this happens all the time. No biggie. Just another day in my life as a zookeeper.

No comments: