Friday, January 11, 2008
A (not so great) first
Well it was bound to happen eventually. I mean kids get sick. Not just runny noses, ear aches but sick, throw-up sick. I have been dreading the day because I have a very weak stomach with that kind of thing. But I made it 3 years and 1 month so I guess I should feel blessed. But today my streak ended and Madelyn threw up. Just as I knew I would, I almost lost it too. My mom happened to be here and helped us (Madelyn and me) through it. I am not really sure what caused the throw-up. I hope it is not the stomach flu. Sure, right before this big thing with Abby next week. I am pretty sure it was just something that did not agree with her or she for some reason got herself a little worked up because it was a one-time thing and she was fine after that. (Thank goodness!) Though I have to say I am feeling a little yucky myself now but maybe it is just thinking about it. Seriously though, what kind of mother am I if I cannot clean up when the kids get sick without gagging myself? I thought it would be different when it was my own kids but, nope, not so much. I guess it is just another badge we have to earn for the sash of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Three years without having to deal with vomit?! OMG Jonah got a stomach bug as an infant. Ellie went to daycare for the first 2 years of her life so I dealt with tons of vomit. Bleech!
My thing that makes me toss my cookies are bad smells and cleaning poop. You can vomit and I'll be fine (except for constantly worrying that I'm the next to get sick) but have a stinky poo and it's all over.
Post a Comment