Monday, January 21, 2008

Brrrrr......

I now it could be so much colder (did you see the Packers game last night?) but brrrrrr, it is so cold. I guess winter is finally upon us. It's not that I mind winter and I mean, duh, I lived in Wisconsin and Minnesota in my early years and Chicago in my not-so-long-ago years....clearly I can handle it.

Maybe it is the children that puts me over the edge. The coats, hats and mittens for them. It's all just too much. As a result I usually just grab a coat (most of the time) and run out of the house without my own hat and mittens. 1.) Not a very good example. and 2.) I am cold!

One more thing about the kids and winter, I hate stuffing them in the car seats with all the bulky coats and whatnot. Of course they are not even supposed to have the bulky stuff on in the car because it effects the tightness of the car seat straps. But to put coats on (out of the house) and off (in the car) and on (out of the car wherever we are going) and off (inside wherever we are going) and then repeat again on the way home. That would really put me over the edge. It was certainly easier when they were babies with those little BundleMe things!

So how long until long do we have to wait for Spring? 58 days, 10 hours and 18 minutes.

No comments: