Clearly we are better at doing things than not doing things. We just cannot lay low for too long or we get bored. Seriously, today we started on our valentines! Holy glitter and tissue paper--it was everywhere. Madelyn discovered the joy of using scissors. Abigail is really quite good at (eating) glue.
We are in so many ways so excited for Wednesday's big event (Abby's tubes) to come and more importantly to go so we can get on with life. Poor girl. I know she still has an infection. I can just tell. It's the same old same...one minute happy as can be and the next irritable and tugging on an ear (see below for the visual.) I was on the phone with the pediatrician and the ENT and all assure me everything will be fine for Wednesday. Have I mentioned I just want to get it over with?


If you know me at all the whole "self-induced quarantine" is pretty loose. It is perfect in theory oh yes. But I think our level of "quarantine" has served its purpose. We have gone out to church and various other things that do not bring Abby into contact with other people or germy things like carts. But I thought this quality time at home would seal the deal with the potty training. It has made it worse. I will spare you the details but it's worse. Worse! That was the other issue with the pediatrician today...I must have called at a slow time because the nurse talked to me for at least 20 minutes about the various issues with the girls (Abby's ears and Madelyn's strong will.) Kids!!
Kevin was a gem and gave me the gift of getting out the bedtime routine tonight so I could go to the gym. With the "quarantine" and the blah feeling over the weekend he knew I was in a slump. It was nice and I am so happy to have burned those 655 calories but I am pretty sure I will not be able to move my legs tomorrow. I took the Cycle 60 class (I was spinning for you, Dana!) and I pedaled all my stress--and my heart quite literally--out.
Now that will be an interesting day. In the house, unable to move freely. I need a shower and maybe some preventative Motrin. Pray for us! :)
We are in so many ways so excited for Wednesday's big event (Abby's tubes) to come and more importantly to go so we can get on with life. Poor girl. I know she still has an infection. I can just tell. It's the same old same...one minute happy as can be and the next irritable and tugging on an ear (see below for the visual.) I was on the phone with the pediatrician and the ENT and all assure me everything will be fine for Wednesday. Have I mentioned I just want to get it over with?
If you know me at all the whole "self-induced quarantine" is pretty loose. It is perfect in theory oh yes. But I think our level of "quarantine" has served its purpose. We have gone out to church and various other things that do not bring Abby into contact with other people or germy things like carts. But I thought this quality time at home would seal the deal with the potty training. It has made it worse. I will spare you the details but it's worse. Worse! That was the other issue with the pediatrician today...I must have called at a slow time because the nurse talked to me for at least 20 minutes about the various issues with the girls (Abby's ears and Madelyn's strong will.) Kids!!
Kevin was a gem and gave me the gift of getting out the bedtime routine tonight so I could go to the gym. With the "quarantine" and the blah feeling over the weekend he knew I was in a slump. It was nice and I am so happy to have burned those 655 calories but I am pretty sure I will not be able to move my legs tomorrow. I took the Cycle 60 class (I was spinning for you, Dana!) and I pedaled all my stress--and my heart quite literally--out.
Now that will be an interesting day. In the house, unable to move freely. I need a shower and maybe some preventative Motrin. Pray for us! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment