Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Good Chi

Today was a gem of a day. I mean really, a gem.

First of all it was one of those days where you just feel like you have it all together. If you read this blog you will know I rarely feel that way these days. But today was a nice one. We got up, dressed, ate breakfast, picked up the produce, dropped it off at the homes of our fellow co-op'ers, stopped for a successful potty break (yay, Madelyn!) and then on to the MOMS Club meeting (arriving early even), all before 10 a.m.

I was very excited about today's meeting....not only is this our last day before self-induced quarantine begins but the speaker was talking to me. Today's topic was the art of decluttering with feng shui. Love it! It was based on the ideas in the book, Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston. The speaker was amazing. She knows we busy moms do not make the time to read. (Please note: we could make the time but it might cut into something else like sleeping, taking a shower or eating bonbons.) This wonderful woman gave us the "cliff notes" version in a mini-seminar. Oh can I ever envision putting her ideas into practice. Not only will I declutter my home, car and general environment but my life. Yes, I really can transform my life! Perhaps when I am finished I can do an infomercial for this....HA!.....maybe I just did.

Madelyn and Abigail must have known this was important to me because the little angels sat quietly and listened during the whole seminar. Yes, they had a steady stream of Yogos and Goldfish crackers but they did not make a sound. Were they also thinking about how to put the feng shui way into practice? Feng shui for toddlers may be the next big thing. If it is, you heard it here first. Anyway, she had a 12-page handout that I fully intend to read and put into practice but maybe I need to clear away the huge stack of magazines before I get into it.

If you do not love it, need it and/or use it...let someone else who will love it, need it and/or use it have it. Great concept. Stay tuned.

Then after this very enlightening meeting my "golden ticket**" was selected and I won a Target gift card. How is that for good chi? (I am not sure I am using that correctly!)

Everyone was in a happy mood, it was so nice to see all my mommy friends, the kids all got along well. It was just a great, great time. I had taken a brief hiatus in December from the group with so many other things going on so it was nice to be back in full force. You see even though I am a big talker about how we need to do less, really that would not make me happy either. We have just the right balance. Activities most mornings and home, hanging out, playing in the afternoons. A beautiful life.



**Golden tickets were given to members over the last few months who had taken turns in the nursery watching the kids while the moms attended the meeting.

No comments: