Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Thumbs up!!!!!
Well Abigail did just perfectly this morning and even now you would honestly not know anything happened. It certainly was more traumatic on us than on her. I am guessing this will make life so much better for her. Whew! I think we earned another notch in our parenting belts. That was quite a task as a mother to go into the OR with her as they put her to sleep. Even thought I did not want to do it I knew I had to. It was really gut-wrenching leaving my baby who was one second fighting the mask and the next out like a light. The staff was on top of it though. They wisked me out and minutes later the doctor came out to tell us all was done. I guess he did vacuum out some thick fluid so that was just another reassurance we did the right thing. When they called us back a few minutes later she was awake and seated on the bed just looking all around. It was as if she were on a parade float. When she saw us she got a little upset but since we were able to pick her up right away she just nestled in and was happy as can be. So we were blessed with a relatively very easy recovery too. What a star patient. I am SO glad it is over though! We were home at 9:22 a.m. Here she is minutes later:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sooo glad she did well!
Yeah!! That must have been hard on you. I know several people who have needed to get tubes for their kids and they've told me how much better life was afterwards! Here's no NO MORE INFECTIONS!!!
Post a Comment