Was it just me or did it really feel like Monday all day? Whatever day it was we had such a wonderful one. As previously mentioned, we are trying to get back into some routines. With the "unofficial" end to the summer it is time to get back to business. However, many of our activities (like preschool!) do not start up until later this month. But it is good to start sliding back into regular, wholesome meals, traditional nap times, earlier bedtimes and the like.
I think we are lined up for a busy but very fun fall. Madelyn is certainly going to be the busiest (but since we will be carting her around I guess that will make us pretty busy too!) It will be a full schedule but I think unlike last year it will not be overfull. I learned my lesson. I think. I have learned to say "no." I still do not say "no" to much but I have said "no" to some things.
Madelyn starts preschool on the 15th. I think that is the latest of all the schools. But we are all looking forward to the big day! It is a traditional nursery school program at a nearby Lutheran church so her two mornings each week will be filled with the typical preschool stuff like painting, circle time, free play. I think she will love it. I still have to fill out the "All About My Child" form. I received a note from the "principal" asking me to return it. Yikes...in trouble already. It is really hard to choose just the right words to describe your child.
MOPS is starting up toward the end of the month and I am looking forward to that. I am going to be a table leader this year which I am really excited about. I find out who will be my co-table leader and the members of our group on Thursday night. The anticipation is building!
We are looking forward to dance classes resuming! Madelyn has been wearing her tutu around the house in anticipation. Actually, I just found out today, classes begin this Friday. Woo-hoo, as Madelyn would say. This year she will be taking ballet and tap, or "Happy Feet" as she calls it. Once again she will be the youngest in the class. She did have to do a sort of "audition" a few weeks ago to get into this 4-year-old class. The teacher, who has reputation for being pretty strict, said she thought she would fit in just fine.
The new activity this fall we are adding is gymnastics. It was supposed to just be Abigail taking gymnastics. She is the real monkey in the family and has yet to have an activity all her own. Glamma and Grandpa even gave her a class for her birthday! But we had a hard time finding a class that would match up with the preschool mornings so we opted for another day in which they will have classes simultaneously. Madelyn is over the moon with this news as she has been wanting to take gymnastics but we were trying to stick to one activity at a time and she has the dance thing. Well it will be fun and we start on Thursday.
So here is to the really fun fall ahead!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment