Sunday, September 28, 2008
A question
Today we hosted a baby shower for our neighbor Amy so in all the preparations this morning we got to talking about babies. She is all very interested in the fact that Baby Dominic is in Amy's tummy and soon he will come out. As we are chatting Madelyn turns to me and says, "Yeah, Mommy, how do babies come out?" Yikes!!! I guess it could have been worse. She could have asked how babies got in. No matter, I was still stumped on how to say they got out. I guess that is when it pays to have had a c-section. The cutting, while kind of harsh, seems more acceptable than the alternative. So what did I say? I just dodged the question all together and hoped I'll be more prepared the next time this subject crops up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I told Andrew that the mommy pushes really hard, like pooping, and the baby comes out. He was content with that. He watched lots of Baby Story with me too . . .
Post a Comment