These girls have some crazy sleeping habits. They have always been so great. I mean from early, early on they would sleep these long stretches, always go right down for a nap, etc. I've been spoiled all these (3.75) years. But that is why I am so dumbfounded now. How did we get so off track? It seems not to matter whether they have an early nap, regular nap or skip nap all together. It doesn't matter if we have more activity or less. It does not matter if we start the bedtime routine early, on-time or late. They are not going to sleep until almost 10 p.m.! I am way tired by then myself. I need to refamiliarize myself with the sleep theories and get us all back on track.
The thing is it's not like they are screaming. They are just doing their thing. Last night Madelyn was "reading" completely in the dark for 2 hours. Abigail (who does have the new freedom of being able to get out of her bed...though these started shenanigans started before the bed move) was found last night at one point sitting in her rocking chair at the gate by her door, her baby doll in one arm and her purse slung over her other shoulder! I mean, where does she think she is going at that time of the night? Another time she had stashed her pacis in her clothes hamper. GO TO SLEEP, small people!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment