Thursday, September 4, 2008

First impression paper

Today I had the task of sending the "All About My Child" form into Madelyn's preschool. Now that is really a hard thing to do. yes, I know my child pretty well but this little piece of paper is a first impression. It was a lot of pressure to choose my words carefully. I did not want to see boastful or untruthful but of course did not want to put her down in any way either. But the form is off in the mail and soon enough they will see for themselves just the right mix of sweet and sassy my little girl can be. That is a tough thing as a parent, sending your kid out into the world. Am I going too overboard here, it is just preschool? But really this is a first experience of her being out on her own without me to correct her. This is a test. Is it a test for me (have a done a good job so far) or just for her (has she been listening)?

No comments: