Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend happenings

We had such a fun and busy weekend. Kevin has been home since Friday so we are trying to declutter a bit. How do we gather so much stuff? He is really good at paring down. I just get too overwhelmed and have to walk away which of course does not help the situation. But we're getting there. I see a trip to Goodwill in my near future.

Saturday we went to nature center that just opened in a new location. Wow, this place was cool! I love the idea because even though I like to think I expose the kids to nature appropriately, I know I don't. I am more of a "caged nature" kind of girl. You know how I love snakes and bugs! Hopefully we will go back and explore some more. Maybe the kids can even go to nature camp there next summer. That would be really cool. Because there were so many special activities: singers, games, face painting, ironically we saw very little nature before it was time to head home for naps. But we did do some touch and see things. Just all the more reason to return.





Another really big deal is we set up Abby's big girl bed! She really is excited. When we moved Madelyn into a big girl bed (at 18-19 months old!) we were more pushy since we needed the crib. But with Abby we are just taking our time. The crib and the bed are both set up in her room so she just kind of chooses where she wants to sleep. The bed seems to win out during naps but she does not make it all night in the bed yet and I think she has more attachment to her crib than Madelyn did. It's a big step!

In other big, big news we are going to Disney World! I am not sure who is the most excited but I am guessing it is me. We decided make our next year's big vacation in February and do Disney. Madelyn is a two-time veteran, if you can believe that. Though this time she should be able to remember her fun. (Though she does love to look at the photos of her first time meeting Mickey---she is crying like crazy!) The trip came about when we had the thought to go for Madelyn's birthday instead of having a big party (this was the year I was thinking of renting the gym or something more grand than a little home party.) But then we thought about how many things are already going on during that time of year, and it would be difficult for family to join us (if anyone wants to) and Kevin has work trips in January, so February it is! So it seems like every time I get on the computer I get sidetracked by all the planning...there is a lot of research (and deals!) and such out there. Wow.

Sunday certainly fell into the category of "thank goodness Nana and Pop have a pool!" I could not believe how hot and humid it was yesterday. Madelyn and I did a little back-to-school shopping and then it was time to hit the pool. How lucky they are to be cool off--the kiddos had a blast splish-splashing around. A neat feature of living in Maryland---those warm September afternoons!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are giving your girls such wonderful memories. I didn't get to DW until I was 29, and I was still moved by the magic of the castle. I remember wishing upon a star for a husband :) Jen