Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We heart MOPS

Today was the first day back to MOPS. Yippee! It was a great morning and really set me up for a super terrific (busy) day. The fellow MOP who is in charge of the curriculum for the children is really good. She used to be an early childhood education teacher so she had the lesson themes for the whole year planned and typed out for us. It looks so great. Children 2 and up do the activities so Abby girl just made the cut. I am not sure how much the 2-year-old will get to but hey, they'll be trying! Plus the 2 and ups get to go into the church sanctuary to sing songs and have a big dance party. Way too adorable for words. Madelyn reported Abby was being "very silly" when they were singing. I am not exactly sure what that means but the teachers did not give her a negative report so I am sure it was all part of the fun. They were really proud of their little projects too. Abby's class must have called them necklaces because she (and I heard a report that her BFF Kate, who is in the same room, insisted it was a necklace.) Necklace, door hanger, whatever...it was a really sweet work of art!

"God made Madelyn and Abigail special!"

2 comments:

Kara said...

YAY! We love MOPS over here too and I couldn't be happier.

4 months till Disney! So jealous we aren't going until June/July.

This Is Me, Doing What I Do said...

Fun! We LOVE MOPS here too, but we have changed to MOTS to be able to focus on the bible more than what the MOPS umbrella allows.