Sunday, September 28, 2008
Freedom...to pray
Today something amazing happened. Something we have not experienced in nearly four years, with maybe a couple exceptions. Kevin and I attended church completely child-free. It might sound kind of weird but we were pretty excited about it. So we actually heard the readings, sang the songs and gasp! had a few moments of quiet prayer. While I do feel it is good to bring the children to church, and attend as a family, so they will learn how to be good church go-ers, sometimes I do wonder if it is for the best. It's hard to keep them busy but still get something out of the mass ourselves. But today, Sunday School (aka Religious Education) started back up so Madelyn was off to join her new class. There is a nursery also for little ones under 3 years old. Abigail was very uncertain about going last year but she was all into it this year. So off we went to mass, by ourselves. We still had the little busy bags of course. But we did not need to take a break for a snack, color a picture or read a book. What a treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FANTASTIC! I wish our church had a nursery/sunday school or something. We are actually considering joining Woody's preschool church just to have the sunday school relief so we can pray in church again.
Post a Comment