We are back from Atlanta and getting back into our routines. Jumped right back in today! I had a late night last night---I was out and about in Catonsville on a MOMS Club scavenger hunt. (Soooo fun!)
But we started early today because we had to go pick up our first share of the produce co-op. What a cool thing that is. We got a huge box of fruits and vegetables for $10. I love it! Madelyn even helped me snap the green beans this afternoon....Abby "helped" too by sitting on my lap and sucking on a green bean. It was kind of a cute moment. But I am really excited about the idea of having a week's worth of fresh, local produce.
After the produce pick-up we had to rush back because we hosted playgroup here today. In some ways it is nice to host. One big thing is for the first half of playgroup Abigail was asleep upstairs in her room and I had the monitor on my belt buckle. It was a gorgeous day so we had our first trial of the new play set. I will say it might need some tightening.....there was a point when two big kids (4 year olds) and two babies (under 1) were swinging that the set was rocking. It held up well though and was a big hit. I did forget to take a photo of the whole set because we now have the roof on and it looks really great! I did take a few photos of the playgroup fun at least.
But playgroups can be hard, especially when there are a lot of kids and moms. I never feel like I get to talk to anyone (playgroups are really for the mommies!) Madelyn tends to get a little overwhelmed I think. It's right around the hour and a half mark she starts to fall apart and the hitting, etc. comes out. Plus by that time Abby was up and I had her in my arms the whole time, which leads to some minor jealousy issues I am noticing. If playgroup is someone else's house of course we can (and do) just leave but when everyone was here it was hard to be like, "okay, we're going to pieces here...the party is over." It's a great group of neighborhood friends so we do try to keep in the loop.
The best part about today: Having fresh green beans and grilled plums with our dinner.
1 comment:
how fun! I'm amazed at how much you do!!!
Post a Comment