Usually on Memorial Day I am focused on the day off or the unofficial start of summer but today I really did take some time to think and pray. The girls were decked out in their patriotic best and we really do thank all the many men and women who fight for our country, whether or not the causes are just in our eyes.
We have a few friends that are currently serving overseas. I am sure I have mentioned our neighbor Pat is in Iraq right now. For the longest time if you asked Madelyn where Patrick was she'd say "on an airplane." Long flight, yes, but not that long! Recently her answer is he's in ("Rrrack") and when you ask what he is doing there she will say "being a good boy." We told her he is serving our country and being a good boy so it is the last part she held on to. So to Patrick and everyone else over there, thanks for being such a good boy (and girl) and serving our country.
To all our troops and everyone serving overseas, please stay safe and know we are praying for you to hurry home to your families.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment