Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Malling around

Going to the mall is a whole new experience with kids. Long gone are the days of sauntering around perusing the latest fashions. Nope, going to the mall with kids is more like grab whatever you see first and hope it is the best price because there is not time for comparison shopping. Also, I have to think about which shopping center to go to so I can get everything done without getting the girls in and out of the car seats more than once. My least favorite are the shopping centers that have everything you need but it is not easy to walk from place to place. What is the point??? (I am clearly married to an urban planner!) But seriously. I wanted to get a walk in and allow Madelyn some time to run around. Yes, trying to do it all but that's what I do. Actually things worked out pretty well. We got our errands done though there was plenty more shopping I wanted to do. We visit with Kim & Lola and (to my wonderful surprise) ran into Kara, her mom, Woody & Cooper. Everyone was so content that by the time I pulled into my driveway at 11:30 am or so, both girls were fast asleep.

The best part about today: Kevin had his Notre Dame Club meeting tonight so my parents stopped by. It's always nice to have a few extra hands around at the end of the day and around bedtime.

No comments: