Thursday, May 17, 2007

Off to Santa

So this weekend we are going to Atlanta to see my brother, Jason, and his wife, Kelly, and their dog, Rockne. If you ask Madelyn where we will going, she says to "Santa" to see Uncle Jason, Aunt Kelly and their dog, "Rocky." Close.

I am embarrassed to admit we have not been to Atlanta since their wedding 3 years ago. Eeeps. I know they understand. I was just barely pregnant with Madelyn then so it has been a busy 3 years for us.

But we are really looking forward to the trip.

Traveling with children is so much different. Kevin and I have always been a fairly "on the go" couple. We dated long distance for 10 months so I guess that says something. But travel is different than it was for us. I mean those days you could wait at the gate for someone to arrive and you could take a bottle of mouthwash in your carry-on.

You would not believe the stuff that we have to take. I really should have been packing all week long but it is just so daunting. Everything but the kitchen sink it seems like needs to come with us. I mean it's not like we are going to a foreign country.... (My mom's joke.)

We never used to check bags. (Now we always do and we check the maximum we can take.)
We used to bring magazines or books to read on the plane. (Now we are loaded down with Elmo books and DVDs.)
We used to take a nap on the plane. (Now we just hope the kids do.)
We used to enjoy an in-flight soda or juice and snack. (Now things get spilled.)

So things are different. But we also never got to pre-board and that is a definite bonus. We like to travel though and hope to have children who do also. Like everything else it's all in the training.

The best part about today: We took a family walk after dinner. I would not say everyone was totally into in (Abby!) but it was nice to be out and about on such a pleasant evening.

No comments: