Saturday, May 5, 2007

Party time, excellent

What a busy and very fun Saturday we have had! We went to the elementary school's spring fair today. It was great! It was a neat glimpse into the future though as I was talking to someone I realized we will not have a kindergartner for 4 more years. HA! Fine by me, it just sounds kind of far away. Amazingly we knew several people there---it seems like half our neighborhood was there today. Madelyn was so cute how she stood in line behind the big kids with her tickets. Kevin took some pics with his new phone. I will have to get those uploaded. Her highlights would probably include the duck pond game and the balloon maker lady (Madelyn came home with her very own balloon bunny). Abigail especially loved the steel drum band's music. What a super fun family activity!

After naps we went to a neighbor's birthday party. WOW! That was something. It was a pretty nice day so they had the party outside. It was a tropical themed 1st birthday. They had a band, a margarita machine, dancing great-aunts and a very pretty fondant cake that my friend made herself. I am so impressed! The kids hit the pinata and had a blast all running around together. Got me to think about Abigail's party....

In other news, our old swing set is now gone so we have space for the new one. Madelyn was so sad to see it go. But we showed her the photo of the new one to reinforce that a better one is coming! I think we are going to buy the new set tomorrow. It might be a few weeks still until it is up because we still have to get the area ready with wood chips, etc. The yard looks so much bigger without the set though. Wow. If it all comes together like I envision it in my head, it will be a great play area.

The Bath Fitter guy came today for the final measurements so that will be in by June 7th or earlier. I am very excited to get that done also!!!

The best part about today: Enjoying the school fair as a family

No comments: