Monday we were scheduled to have the carpet in the family room replaced so we planned to stick around while we waited in the all day window for installation. It was fine though because as I have said before I do not mind some days doing nothing. It was a busy weekend, the girls slept in a bit, we got our walk in and just played at home.
At around 2:30 p.m. our friendly sales rep. called to see if the carpet could be installed the next morning. {Funny since this company's claim to fame is their next day installation and now we are already on Day 3 since we purchased the carpet.} Yeah, sure, whatever. They'd be here first thing in the morning.
So after naps (yes, Abigail is now taking an afternoon nap most afternoons---yay!) we raced around town cramming in as many errands as we could. The girls were real troopers. We had to get them fed and in bed by 8 p.m. because we had an appt. with another salesperson to see about updating our bath. {I did mention we were on a home improvement kick.}
I won't go into the gory details but maybe I can sum it up by saying, our bathtub is original. While this original-ness makes it very pretty with the tile, there is 40+ years of gunk built up. It doesn't look like I ever clean it but I swear that I do. I get nervous with having the little girls around all that ickyness during tubby time. So we are going to modernize with a "Bath Fitter" and hope it maintains some of the charm without the unhealthy gunk.
The best part about Monday: We called Uncle Jeff to wish him a "happy birthday" and hearing Madelyn sing to the voice mail was just priceless to us. Hopefully Uncle Jeff did not think that was too wacky!
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment