Then the children got to hold the second, bigger snake. Madelyn had her hands out the whole time until the handler was about to pass it off then she bolted, just as I was doing in my mind.
Sorry girls, I will try to be better. :)
The best part about today: It was a perfect weather day so we spent most of it outside--walking around the neighborhood and playing in the backyard. I love this weather...sunny, warm, breezy and zero humidity. Kevin and I call these Edwin McCain days.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Passssssing it on
Yes I have indeed already passed on my completely irrational fear of snakes to one of my children (Abby might have been scared too had she been awake). Today we went to on of the things on our circuit of activities, this "playdate" at the trader Joe's shopping center. Today was Animal Adventure day. There was a cute furry rabbit, a prickly hedgehog (with a really cute face), a squishy-looking group of three toads, a sweet turtle and of course TWO snakes. I tried to stay cool, calm and collected and loudly emphasize how neat this was but she saw right through me. You can almost see the blur of her pink bow as Madelyn went running from the first snake as our neighbor friend Jake grins with the excitement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment