I took the girls shoe shopping this afternoon. Seems like a fun thing to do with your daughters. Well one of them loved it, the other one, not so much. Madelyn was like one of the girls in Sex and the City. Seriously ooh'ing and ahh'ing and pulling as many pairs off the shelf as possible. Abigail was very uninterested. Perhaps it was because we were not shopping for her. At any rate as Madelyn is pulling box after box out to try on, Abigail is starting to get cranky. Finally in order to help Madelyn try on the Dora shoes she is all jumping up and down for, I had Abby this little Dora cutout. It was the cover of a cereal box that had a second life in our house as a "puppet." What a ghetto toy but they loved it! Anyway I was focusing on Madelyn for a while and Abby was being quiet, suspiciously quiet. Well sure enough the next thing I know Dora's hand is missing. Sure enough Abby had it stuck to the roof of her mouth. That girl! So I hope cereal boxes are okay to nibble on. She didn't swallow any of it but I am sure she got a good taste. Madelyn was so distraught over Dora's amputated hand we left the store without any shoes.
ANOTHER funny Abigail story today...as previously mentioned Kevin took the day off today (yay!). When he got back from the MVA he took Madelyn to the playground for a little bit before lunch. Abby stayed with me and I took my shower, etc. She was playing so nicely as I made lunch and having a grand old time. Minutes later Kevin and Madelyn returned. I was in the kitchen, with my eyes off Abby for a second. Kevin said "what's Abby doing?" I replied, "playing on the carpet" and he said, "Ummm, I don't think so...." That little girl had fallen asleep laying right in the middle of the living room on the carpet. That would make a great add for the soft, new carpet! It was so funny. She was out. It could not have been a minute ago that she was just playing. Narcoleptic maybe? I tried to move her into her bed but she clearly would have preferred to sleep on the floor.
The best part about today: The girls went to bed early (Madelyn's request) and Kevin and I had a nice, relaxing dinner on the deck.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow very nice blog...ya i love my Joseph seibel product shoes...i think everyone ll love this product...
Post a Comment