I've had a couple challenging days....I don't know exactly what happened but.....
Madelyn is definitely in a "terrible two" stage. Everything is "NO!" (even if she means "yes") and lots of collapsing into tears over the smallest things. Mothers of girls told me there would be drama raising girls. I guess this is the start of it.
Then you have Abby who cries when you put her down (for a nap or just for a second.) Not just tears but the big, crocodile tears that just roll down her little face. Aren't second children supposed to just occupy themselves?
So I've logged many walking hours this week. Yesterday I did two laps around the neighborhood in the morning and four laps at night. (I think it is about a mile around the whole neighborhood so that is not bad.) I signed up for this walking challenge though so I am making my virtual trek from Alaska to Hawaii (emphasis on the virtual) to release the stress.
To make matters worse Abby has been waking up at 2 a.m. to eat the past couple nights. Growth spurt? Either way, it is a pain. So I am tired too.
But there have been some bright spots also, of course. Abby has developed this adorable laugh. I wish I could get it on tape. It is a cross between a "Beavis" kind of laugh and a purr. It is so adorable and I will keep the camera rolling to get it. She is also trying to stand I think. I cannot believe how strong her legs are. She is trying to walk if we stand above her holding her hands. They are very big, awkward steps but she is trying. I wonder if she will be an early walker? Who knows. Someone at playgroup today was telling me her daughter was walking at 8 months and was doing the thing Abby is now doing at 6 months. Well la-dee-da. (I will not become one of those mothers.)
One of the greatest things so far with having the two children is when they entertain one another. Today in the car, on the way home from the store, I swear they were sharing some sort of inside joke. They do this sometimes at the dinner table too. It is so funny to hear them laughing back and forth. I just love that!
Well like anything there are ups and downs I suppose. If nothing else I am surely getting the activity points....though I have had several "treats" too!
The best part about today: My mom and I are off to pick up my brother at the airport in a little bit...he has an interview tomorrow in Baltimore. I would SO love to have him and Kelly live here! Fingers crossed.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment