Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tuesday

The carpet installers came just before 8 a.m. but it all worked out great because Abby was up and almost ready to go back down for a nap when Madelyn just woke up. That never happens but it worked out well with so many other things going on.

I was pleased to find out under the old carpet was an icky linoleum-type floor. I was nervous there might be some pretty wood flooring or something we might not want to cover over. I guess we are still getting used to the new carpet. It is neutral but a little different. It is apparently some new "in" thing that is popular out in trend-setting California. Honestly it's a cross between a shag and berber. But it's soft and cushy and apparently pretty stain resistant. The girls love playing on it and that is really what we were going for.


After the carpet install, we headed out to a nearby shopping center for an outdoor kids' "rock" concert. It was pretty rockin'...at 10:30 a.m. and all. Madelyn was dancing up a storm with the pother pint-size concert-goers. Very cute! Plus since it was right in front of Trader Joe's we got a balloon too. Oh happy day!


The best part about Tuesday: Our afternoon neighborhood walk and an early (before 9 p.m. I think) bedtime!

No comments: